Hi! I’m Sarah and I’m from Knoxville, TN. I have two little boys, Walt and Tucker, and I work for my husband’s family business! I enjoy exercising and eating healthy as well as binge watching Netflix and having pizza dates with my husband!
I get a lot of questions asking how I am able to get in workouts, take care of my family, and still work full-time. I make fitness a big priority for myself, because I know it will make me a better person. It’s my “ME” time and helps me do a better job of managing every other part of my life. That being said, there’s no way I could do it all on my own! I have an amazing support system! Number one, my husband is incredible and steps in whenever he can to give me a chance to go meet a friend for barre class and he stays home when I go to the gym at 5:00 AM. I also rely on my family. It’s important to me that my kids know my parents and my husband’s parents, so it works out perfectly for someone to keep the kiddos while I go to a monthly girls’ night out or go to a spin class taught by my husband!
My boys are almost 3 ½ and 2 years old. Their ages are so much fun, but it’s a really hands-on age and it can be absolutely exhausting. I spend most of my day chasing them around while doing chores and trying to keep the house somewhat in order, and working full-time from home. By nap time I’m usually ready for a nap too and I have zero motivation to get up and exercise. Exercise is my biggest form of stress relief, so when I miss a sweat session, I’m even more stressed out.
Here are some ways that I combat stress and keep my family happy all at once!
- Get up and do something good for yourself before you have to start taking caring of everyone else. For me, it’s going to the gym, an early morning barre or spin class, or taking it easy with a good stretch! Everyone one else is happy because they are still asleep!
- When I have really hectic days and can’t figure out how to fit something in, I love to do a couple Tone It Up workout videos from youtube. They’re short and sweet and WOW do they work! I can’t say enough about their Nutrition Plan and Beach Babe DVDs!
- Check your local fitness studios for class times that offer free childcare! I have met so many amazing mommy friends through jazzercise and barre. The biggest bonus is my kids have made friends too! You get an hour long break and they get an hour of playing and a change of scenery!
- Plan a date night or GNO! Call the grandparents and ask if the grandkids can come to stay, put on a sexy top and your highest heels, and go have a fun dinner or go dancing with your girlfriends! My monthly girls’ night happens to fall on #winenotwednesday so it’s extra fun!
- Plan a date night in! I said it before, but I love binge watching Netflix and having pizza dates with my husband. Those nights happen to be some of my favorites. I don’t have to get dressed up or do my hair and makeup, I can just put on comfy clothes and cozy up with my best friend!
Leave a Reply